Last updated 5/17/2022
- what personally identifiable information is collected through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared
- what choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- the security procedures in place to protect your information
- how you can manage your information preferences and/or correct any inaccuracies in the information
- other information regarding your data that may be useful to you.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “Company” refer to the practice of Vitalyc Medical Group, PLLC, a professional limited liability company organized and existing under the laws of the State of Texas, or any successor or assignee of Company.
The term “Vitalyc Medspa” refers either to the business or the online platform as the context requires.
The term “Services” refers to the services provided through the Website and the services offered in person by the practice of Vitalyc Medspa.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PERSONAL INFORMATION & USAGE DATA
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with your “Personal Information,” which is your personally identifiable information, as defined under the Texas Identity Theft Enforcement and Protection Act (“TITEPA”), such as your name, address, telephone number, and email addresses, as well as personal information regarding more sensitive areas, such as your first and last name in combination with your credit card information, or Personal Information in combination with your personal health information through patient intake documents if you choose to engage in the Services (“Sensitive Personal Information”).
We may also collect, store and use the following kinds of data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this Website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our products or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our Services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to provide to us
If you wish to prevent cookies being set before you visit this Website, or most other websites, you can set your browser to block cookies. Most browsers allow you to do this in their settings.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect this information for the purpose of providing the Services, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests and inquiries, servicing any purchases you make, informing you about products and services we offer, and monitoring and improving our Services.
We will use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
To promote use, including continued use, of our Services. If you use any of our Services, and may benefit from using one or more other Services we offer, we may send you an email telling you about the other Services.
- To bill and collect sums owed to us for any of our products and services you purchase, and as necessary when working with your insurance provider, if applicable. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts and notices of delinquency, to alert you if we need a different credit card number, and to otherwise try to collect money owed. We use third parties to handle secure credit card transaction processing and send billing information to such third parties, who maintain all information in confidence, to process your orders and credit card payments. We also use third parties to offer financing options, including CareCredit and PatientFi financing. To learn more about what steps we take to safeguard such data, see below.
- To provide customer support and obtain feedback.
- For internal use, whether in the form actually received or pseudonymously or anonymously, by way of example and not limitation circulating email addresses internally for identifying the most common web hosts used by our customers, or reviewing IP addresses for information about the general geographic areas of origin of our users.
- To disclose the information that we have to you in response to any valid request from you to know what of your information we possess, and in response to a valid request to exercise your “right to be forgotten” as detailed further below.
- To communicate with you concerning your account for an informational, as opposed to promotional, purpose.
- To send you informational and promotional materials that you elect (“opt-in”) to receive.
- Testimonials: We display personal testimonials and photos of satisfied patients on our Website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial or photo along with your name and other information related to the procedure you had done with us. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected]
SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Unless you opt out of our mailing list, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, or new products or services.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. We may use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for products and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use Personal Information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order. We may partner with another party to provide specific services. We will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use Personal Information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We employ reasonable and appropriate security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, including reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of your Personal Information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. Although we attempt to protect the Personal Information in our possession, no security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that your Personal Information will remain absolutely secure in all circumstances
If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Sensitive Personal Information has been compromised, we will notify you of the breach in accordance with TITEPA.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may therefore disclose Personal Information, usage data and any other information about you, if we deem that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process (such as a subpoena or court order) or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce a contract, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our website, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE MAINTAINED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES
Please be aware that we process and store information in the United States. By using the Website, you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States. All of the data we collect is stored on servers located in the United States. Accordingly, we may transfer and store data outside of your home country. When we transfer data out of the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we make use of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU-approved standard contractual data protection clauses, binding corporate rules for transfers to data processors, or other appropriate legal mechanisms to safeguard the transfer.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES FROM OUR WEBSITE
This web site contains links to other sites operated by third parties and not related to our products or services (“Linked Websites”). Please be aware that the Linked Websites are not controlled by us and we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those companies. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. Disclaimer: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, CareCredit, PatientFi, nor any other brand mentioned our Website endorse or sponsor this Website and are in no way affiliated with Vitalyc Medspa.
SURVEYS & CONTESTS
From time-to-time our Website requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Website.
You can always review, correct, update, or change the Personal Information we have on file about you. Upon your request, we will: (1) correct, update, or change your Personal Information; (2) stop sending you messages if you wish to opt out of our direct marketing efforts; and/or (3) disable your account to prevent any future activity through that account. You may make any of these requests by emailing the request to the email address given in our Contact Information below. Please do not email any sensitive information.
We retain information only for so long as it continues to help us monitor or improve the Services. The exact length depends on the type of information collected and processed. When Personal Information or usage data is no longer needed it will be automatically deleted or anonymized.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your Personal Information that we hold:
– The right to request access to and to receive your Personal Information that is collected by Vitalyc Medspa.
– The right to request updates to any of your Personal Information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
– The right to erase your Personal Information such as when the information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
– The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the Personal Information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that Personal Information.
– The right to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information, and to object to processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
Vitalyc Medical Group, PLLC
5290 Belt Line Rd.
Addison, TX 75254